Frequenly Asked Questions
- What are the dates for Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival?
Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival will be May 4-6, 2017. There are several events which include:
- Da Cultural Village on May 4-6, 2017
- Junkamania on May 4, 2017, 8pm-10pm
- Music Masters on May 5, 2017, 2pm – 8pm
- Road Fever on May 6, 2017, 10am – 5pm
- What is Karisma Bahamas Carnival Company’s theme for Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival 2015?
- Where is the Mas Camp located?
Ludlow Street between Montrose and Mount Royal Avenue.
- Where can I view Karisma costumes?
Karisma costumes are on display in our showroom at our mas camp. Costumes may also be viewed via the online galleries on our website or via our Facebook page.
- When is costume registration for carnival 2017?
Registration is now open. Please visit our website to reserve your costume and a representative will contact you regarding processing your order. You may also register at any of our exclusive events leading up to Road Fever day.
- What do I need for costume registration?
For registration, you need the following:
- Size Information
- Ladies: Bra Size (Example – 34A, B, C, etc…)
- Ladies: Shorts size: S,M,L,XL, 2XL
- Men: Waist Size (in inches)
- Costume Down Payment
- Size Information
- When do I need to pay for my costume?
We require a 50% deposit on all costumes after which the balance can be paid in two installments. The first installment is to be paid within 30 days and the balance to be paid by May 1st. Costumes must be paid in full prior to collection. There is absolutely no refund of deposits for costumes.
- How can I pay for my costume?
Payments can be made in house at Karisma MAS Camp or via our website
- Can I make installment payments?
We have a payment plan; please contact the office for further details.
- I'm unable to collect my costume… Can another person collect on my behalf?
Yes, you must provide the person collecting with a signed letter authorizing the new owner to collect the costume on their behalf, accompanied by a copy of the original owner’s ID. Alternatively the original owner can send an authorization email to email@example.com from the email address attached to their costume.
- When do I collect my costume?
The costume distribution schedule will be emailed to all members, posted to our website.
- Do you have security for the group?
Our security services consist of a highly experienced professional security firm which contracts and manages a fleet of suitable officers.
- I'm interested in providing a service/becoming a sponsor of Karisma Bahamas Carnival Company – who do I contact?
Please email us with your proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you.
- Where does the band meet?
The starting point is to be determined once final instructions are given by the Bahamas Carnival Commission. Registered members will be informed via email and during costume distribution. Additionally, information will be posted on the website as it becomes available.